Friday, July 10, 2015

Carrot Banana Bread

I have really been researching clean eating.  So far I think it's a mind set, that I feel better.  I am sure it will kick in for reals soon.  I am starting to crave more natural things.  My morning ritual for a while has been 2-3 cups of toffee coffee.  Lately that has been way to sweet. I haven't even wanted Starbucks (which was every Saturday morning for me)   Even the jam on my toast has been too sweet.  This bread is perfect.  Great texture, full of whole grain goodness.  No solid fats.  Even though it has a small amount of coconut oil in it, the taste really pops.  I found this recipe from "Ambitious Living".  I plan to get more recipes from her site.







  • 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
  • ¼ cup oatmeal
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 banana, mashed
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 3 tablespoons applesauce, unsweetened
  • 1 cup carrots, shredded
  •  cup almond milk
  • ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
1.Preheat : oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x4 or 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2.Whisk: together flour, quick oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3.Mix: together mashed banana, brown sugar, egg, egg white, and vanilla until well combined and creamy.
Add in coconut oil, applesauce and almond milk, then fold in carrots. 

4.Add: wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in 1/4 cup of pecans.
5.Pour: into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached. 

6.Remove: from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and place on wire rack to finish cooling.
7.Frosting: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together on medium speed for a minute or until smooth. Spread over cooled bread. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chopped pecans. Cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, your comments brighten my day!