Monday, June 14, 2010

#14 Celebrate Dear Dad

Fantabulous Cricut challenge #14 is to CELEBRATE DAD No problem with that one, I love my daddy.
So I scrap booked a page about him.
That little B&W pic is my dad as a baby. 1931, such a long time ago. There is one of him holding me, my dad's tattoos, his two favorite hobbies which is fishing and hunting. The only my dad got sick, and couldn't go to work was deer season. :) My dad comes over to visit me and the kids, with a bag of cookies. The kids get very excited to have oreos and milk with their gpa. This was a very emotional LO for me to put together. It is so hard seeing my dad get older. *sniff sniff* Ok- recipe I used a child's year for the fishing boy, and the lettering. Also used my copic trick to add the right color to my flowers. The swirly thingys are from Home De'cor, I love swirly thingys on anything, they seem to add just he right touch. don't you think? SU paper, chocolate chip, and some misc. stuff I had.
Well there is a close up of pg 2, you can see it tats much better. The lion was always my favorite. He is a Leo, so I think that is why he got that one.

Page one of my layout shows my dad as a baby, then getting older. Be sure and join us this week for our Fantabulous Cricut challenge. See you soon!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great, great way to celebrate your dad!! You've done an absolutely fantastic job with this layout. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice tribute to dad for father's day! You had some really great touches to make it personal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, your comments brighten my day!