Saturday, September 8, 2012

Spiced Pear Bread

SPICED PEAR BREAD

My mom has a pear tree in her back yard, and every year she has an abundance of pears.  Spiced pear bread is just the thing to make so those pears don't go to waste.


RECIPE:
6 pears, peeled, cored, and smooshed
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
1/4 cup canola oil
3 eggs
3 1/4 cups flour
1 Tbs cinnamoon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt

Add Pears, sugar, apple sauce, oil, and eggs to mixing bowl, blend together.
In another bowl combine dry ingredients. Then blend together, don't over mix.  pour into two prepared loaf pans. Bake at 350 for  40-50 minutes, until tooth pick comes out clean.  Delicious bread! Really!


Photobucket 
Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you bake some bread today. 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I put pears in the freezer last year. Glad I did, we had only a few this year and the wind blew them down. I need to try this recipe!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, your comments brighten my day!