Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cardamom Cookies

Walnut Cardamom Cookies 
I came across this recipe about a year ago, in a book I got specifically for gift giving cookies! The recipe called for almonds. Almonds are not a nut I keep on hand, I do have walnuts though. So, yep the improvision queen strikes again! My dad says…”She’s always done her own thing, never did pay much attention to directions, or those giving them.”LOL
Anyway~ These are an interesting cookie to prepare. I do mean interesting in an easy way. They have a really great flavor too.  To decorate I cut out fondant with the same cookie cuter
that I cut the cookies out with.

RECIPE:
2 C flour
1/2 t salt
1 t ground cardamom
1 C butter
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

*In processor combine walnuts and 2 Tbs of the flour, process until finely
ground, but not pasty.  Add the rest of the flour, and all the spices.  
*In a mixer combine butter, both sugars, and vanilla, about one minute
until fluffy.
*Flatten dough, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 2 hrs.
* Roll dough to 1/4" thick, and cut with cookie cutters.
*Bake 350 for 8 minutes. 



Hope you have  delicious day!!!!  :)Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, your comments brighten my day!