Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Faux Silk-friend to friend

I was working on a project for my stamp group. I came across this technique from my SU book. So I made this card which I do absolutely adore. However, it is not the project I used. Funny how that works. Anyway I still wanted to share it with you all.
Faux silk is very fun and easy to make. All you do is stamp and color your image on regular cardstock. Then use some plain ol' tissue paper, crumple it up, use a glue stick to rub all over your image, then spread the smoothed out tissue paper over the top. It feels so soft, and looks like silk. Very fun, and easy yet impressive technique. The ribbon is from Stampin' Up! I just added some bling to it with stamps!!! The colors I used, marina mist, old olive, and ruby red. Ok- well thanks for stopping in today. Hope you enjoy your day!
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, your comments brighten my day!