Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cracked Glass

So I have my image prepared. I used really rust, old olive, close to cocoa, and sponged the color for the background. Next you will apply versamark liberaly to the top of your image. Then place image in your powder pal. Shake on the glassy glaze enamel (from Stampin' Up!) use your heat gun to set it. It takes 3 coats, to get the glass look. This is how it looks after the first coat. Look at the arrow, it shows how bubbly it is. So don't worry you have 2 more coats to go. Okay, once again apply versa mark, and Glassy glaze enamel. Heat set. And repeat one more time. You now have a very glassy like finish on your picture. Allow the enamel to cool completly. (good time for a tea break) When you come back the enamel is very stiff, when you fold it backwards it will crack. Then you can finish your card. This card I used "snow swirled" colors were bashful blue, almost amethyst, so saffron. I added a rhinestone to the middle for accent. Hope you like it, and yours turns out well. Don't get discouraged it takes a bit of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, your comments brighten my day!