Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wizard of Oz Party

I made this cake for my daughters 9th Birthday. She has been planning this party for a year. She was so excited to finally see it-made her day!!! She also got the Wizard of Oz of BlueRay. We have watched it 3 times in less than 24 hours. LOL
The poppies took me the longest to make. But they turned out wonderfully.
mmmmmm the top layer is raspberry, the bottom is a sugar cookie cake. The center is a raspberry cream cheese filling.

The slippers and Emerald City are made out of cream cheese sugar cookies, then iced and have sugar sprinkles on them.
I entered this over at Decorate to Celebrate! It is a new blog, you should go check it out~~~ Thank for stopping by
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. really kute I did my gd last year it was alot of fun. why dont you enter this on our link at dekorate to kelebrate it is a blog with nothing but party ideas. Im sure every one would love to see this. and just replake the k with see"s my see has problems this morning again on keyboard. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing with everyone. I thought it was way too cute not too share. thanks again. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness!! Now I totally want some cake!! That looks super-delicious!! :) You did a WONDERFUL job with this!! I love your emerald city!! WOW WOW WOW!! Great job!! :)

    Thanks so much for linking up at Decorate To Celebrate! I hope we see a lot more from you in the future!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW, WOW...this is awesome. You are so very talented. Those poppies are just breathtaking. So glad to have been directed to your blog from DTC. VERY happy and honored to be a new follower of such amazing talen!
    Stunning work!
    Smilez,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cool, i'm sure your daughter loved everything, that cake looks so yummy, i am a new follower, i found you on decorate to celebrate!!
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you from Decorate to Celebrate. This is hands down the best project today that I have seen! Your project is AMAZING!

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    jskoning at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is gorgeous! The flowers are so pretty. You know I love the red shoes! From the description, the inside sounds so yummy too! I would not want to cut such a beauty! I know your daughter was well pleased!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, your comments brighten my day!