Friday, March 20, 2009

Sense of Time

I used soot staming for the technique on this card. I love the technique, however it is a bit time consuming. Paper I used was of course glossy, choc chip, summer sun, & really rust. I had a hard time getting this card to photograph well. Not sure who the recipient will be, maybe this is one I will keep =). http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/soot_stamping/ I just got this set a couple days ago, and have been getting onry because I haven't been able to play with it yet. When I seen this set, the first thing I wanted to do was the 'split negative' technique. The colors I used here are chocolate chip, natural white, ridinghood red. This card took a while to line everything up, but I really like how it turned out. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/split_negative/ The new walk in the park DSP. and "sense of time" set. I used the craft paper, accented with chocolate chip. Pretty easy card. The clock just gives it such a classic look. I am happy with the way the way the card turned just not the picture. The card is actually basic gray, and creamy caramel. Stamped in basic gray. Not much in accents here, just a very simple card. To keep the simplicity of the set. Brought out my favorite green for this one! Sage Shadow, paired with burgandy, and creamy caramel. I also used the Sale-A-Bration set "congratulations" I think the saying went well with the picture. What do you think? This one I did some bleach stamping on. The background color is night of navy. I bleached the sprockets and stuck the large brads through them. The face is stamped with bleach on chocolate chip cardstock. Then the saying is stamped on more mustard cs. The clock face is also raised for a more 2-d effect. I think we may do this card next month --April at our workshops. What do you ladies think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, your comments brighten my day!