Thursday, March 17, 2016

Shamrock Hat

Happy St. Patrick's Day


I was actually looking for some cool screen savers, and Mixbook backgrounds.  When I cam across this picture.  I thought it would make a great decoration.  To go with my "Oh So Lucky Plaque" and "Lucky Jar"  I bought some crackle paint over the weekend. I was originally going to use it on some wooden eggs.  (I may have to buy some more).  But instead used the whole bottle on this picture. 

 I painted the background in an antique white. Let that dry, then used the crackle paint.  I let that dry for 6 hours, it was pretty thick.  I'm liking' the crackle look .   I cheated and used Cricut-"Celebrate with Flourish" to trace on the shamrocks. And "A Child's Year" for the Irish Hat.  I did however freehand the swirls.  Tee Hee.  The ribbon around the hat is for real.  It was yellow, I used a gold ink pad to color it, and added a ribbon thingy for the buckle.  I have it displayed on one of my front room tables, I just love it.  







 
 
 
 
 
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, your comments brighten my day!