Monday, August 3, 2015

Jungle Baby Shower Cake

PhotobucketI have been making cakes for over 20 years, and I have never done this...... I woke up this morning, laid in bed, and thought how nice it was to lay here and not have anything pressing to get done today.  How strange I felt.  Browsing through FB I got a text.  "good morning, is the cake ready for pick up?"  Talk about panic!  I was honest. I put the event on the wrong date. I hadn't even started on this masterpiece.  We decided I had until 2:00 to get it done.  Oh my goodness, did I ever hustle.  I am quit pleased with how it turned out.  It's for a little girl to be.  I even got the cupcakes done to match.  The monkey was giving me grief.  After 4 attempts, and not acquiring cuteness. I opted to move on.  After I finished the other animals, I remembered about a monkey mold I had.  Yes, I cheated, and they are adorable.  The top layer is cherry chip, the bottom layer is kaluha all frosted in buttercream then completed with fondant, gum paste, and more buttercream decor.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have a great day!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, your comments brighten my day!